We’re so honored you are considering Pastries by Randolph as a wedding cake vendor for your big day!
We are currently offering our Signature Mousse Cakes available in 3 flavors: Marble Mousse (alcohol), White Chocolate Mousse (alcohol), or Dark Chocolate Mousse (no alcohol).
Our Mousse Cakes can be wrapped in chocolate, shaved in chocolate with a chocolate rose accent, or a combination of both elements. Custom colors can be used to tint the ribbon, chocolate rose and leaves, writing, and borders. Scanned images and limited fondant designs are available as well. Browse our Mousse Cake Gallery to gain inspiration for your next special event.
Please review the steps and FAQs below to help guide you through a smooth process.
Note: Single tiered Mousse cakes (not stacked) are typically available with 48 hours notice excluding holiday weeks. Designs requiring custom colors or decoration elements should be discussed via email and finalized with 48 hours’ notice including full payment made over the phone. Our team can be reached at email@example.com and by phone at 703-243-0070 during regular business hours.
Multi tiered Mousse cakes should follow the steps below.
Step 1: Reserve the date and place a deposit to lock in your quote
- Once you have determined your date, you can reserve your spot without having any other details finalized by placing a $100 nonrefundable deposit that will be applied to the cost of your cake. This deposit will also secure your design quote. Quotes are otherwise only valid for 14 days and availability is only guaranteed for the duration of the conversation.
- If you are unsure of your final choice for wedding cake vendor, we encourage you to try our samples first, and then reserve the date once you’re confident in your choice!
Step 2: Order Cake Samples
- Mousse cake samples can typically be ordered for same day pickup or delivery through ChowNow on our website, or with 48 hours notice by following the link below or giving us a call at 703-243-0070.
Order Mousse Cake Samples here
Step 3: Cake Design
- You can browse our Mousse Cake Gallery to gather inspiration. Or, email us inspiration designs you’ve seen elsewhere and we can determine if the design can be mimicked or altered to fit our cakes.
- Include any desired colors you may want so we can determine if we can accurately color match. Keep in mind, exact color matches require physical swatches to be provided. Although we try our best to color match as closely as possible to your requested colors, we can not guarantee an exact match.
- Our average cake designs cost between $6.50 – $10.00/serving.
Step 4: Review and Finalize
- Review and sign off on all details pertaining to flavors, pickup or delivery date, and design before placing your final payment.
- We ask that all wedding cakes be finalized a minimum of 14 days in advance. However, if you need a last-minute cake, we still may be able to take your order depending on availability. All orders taken with less than 14 days’ notice may not be changed, canceled, or refunded.
How far in advance do I need to order my cake?
Multi Tiered Cakes need at least 14 days’ notice. However, we suggest placing your order 1-2 months in advance to ensure availability. Some weekends/days tend to book fast, so placing your order early is in your best interest. We recommend calling us first to see if your wedding date is available.
Single tiered Mousse cakes (not stacked) are typically available with 48 hours’ notice excluding holiday weeks. Designs requiring custom colors or decoration elements should be discussed via email and finalized with 48 hours’ notice including full payment made over the phone. Our team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 703-243-0070 during regular business hours.
Do you deliver wedding cakes?
Yes, we do deliver wedding cakes. The minimum cake order must be at least $300.00 in order to qualify for delivery. Cake delivery charges are based on distance. However, our delivery range is limited to certain areas, so please call to see if your venue is within our delivery area, and that your preferred time range is available.
Cake deliveries are available during our regular store hours. Any delivery needed outside of store hours will have an additional charge of $50.00.
What does a cake consultation include and do you need to make an appointment?
Cake consultations have recently evolved from an in person meeting to a more efficient email exchange. Due to safety regulations and the need to track changes, we request that details and inspiration pictures be communicated via email, although we are happy to discuss some details over the phone as well if you feel more comfortable doing so. If you need an exact color match, we ask that you provide us with a physical swatch, not a digital version. Please note, all colors are customizable to an extent. Although we try our best to color match as closely as possible, we can not guarantee an exact color match.
If you feel more comfortable discussing your vision in person, we ask that you schedule a time to meet with a design specialist.
Please note, our busiest hours in store are not ideal for consultations due to the limited staff and seating. To ensure we can give you our utmost attention, please discuss the initial steps via email so we may organize the appropriate information and then schedule a time to sit down with your designated cake specialist at a convenient time for both you and our staff.
Do you provide wedding cake samples?
Mousse cake samples can be ordered via our website with 48 hours’ notice, or out of our showcase daily. The cost of up to 2 samples can be credited towards the cost of your cake if the cost exceeds $300. Please ensure to keep the receipt of your samples if you do not order them with your tiered cake specialist.
How much is a wedding cake going to cost?
Our average wedding cakes serve 20-120 people and starts on average at $130-$400+. This translates, and may be referred to, as $6.50- $10.00/serving
What do you suggest when working with a tight budget?
Order a smaller show cake for pictures with an additional sheet cake to be served at the same time. This brings down the average cost per serving from $6.50 per serving for tiered cakes to $3.75 per serving for sheet cakes.
When do I have to pay for the wedding cake?
After placing a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, the remaining balance is due at least 14 days prior to your event. Please note that your order date, time, and quote are not confirmed until receiving the $100.00 deposit.
This deposit will secure only 1 date and 1 set of quotes. Any date changes or design alterations may change price and will be subject to availability.
How do we store the wedding cake?
Mousse cakes are delicate, so they must be kept refrigerated overnight and until 1-2 hours before serving, and may only be displayed in a well air conditioned room. This type of cake should not be displayed in a warm room or for a long period of time. We do not recommend this type of wedding cake to be on display during the hot summer months, since the mousse filling will lose its quality if kept in a warm space.
What if I want fresh flowers on my cake?
You may place fresh flowers on your cake at the location of your party. We do not offer fresh flowers and do not place them on the cake. However, we do offer chocolate roses which may be tinted to an extent in custom colors.